Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The results are in.

Dallyn (my roomie) went to the Michael Buble concert last night. She left the kitchen in pristine condition. This is due in large part to her constant OCD. Bet she didn't think I could mess up her perfection in one night :-)

I walked into the kitchen, and for a second I could hear the title track to Titanic playing softly in the background. Don’t judge – that’s how big the kitchen seemed to me.

The Boss Man assured me bacon would taste horrible in the microwave. I was doubtful.

My official Hypothesis: Bacon cooked by microwave will taste better than if cooked on top of the stove or in the oven – if weighing in taste AS WELL AS convenience.

Microwave:
6 pieces of bacon.
Lots of Paper Towels.
time - 3 mintues.

Outcome: “ehh.”

Stovetop:
6 pieces of bacon.
Medium heat. (I guessed a 5 on the dial.)
1 barbie bandied.
Time - I didn’t look at the clock.

Outcome: “not worth it. But it Tasted Ok.”

Oven:
6 pieces of bacon.
Cookie sheet covered with foil.
Cookie drying rack on top of the cookie sheet.
Oven at 425 – thanks, google.
Time- 20 minutes.

Outcome: “Complete win.”

My hypothesis was wrong. And, boss man, the sky in my world is the color of bacon – thanks for asking.

Our house now smells like the bacon. All 18 peices of it. But - now I know, for sure, I can cook bacon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment