Friday, June 18, 2010

Google saves the day.

I've been on the road a lot lately. First in Des Moines at the World Pork Expo, where thinking back I regret not trying the Bacon Ice cream. Then, to Cincinnati for the Operation Main Street Program.

Although we talked a lot about food, and we ate a lot of Pork, there wasn't time for cooking.

So - last night. I was going to make a salad. After considering trotting to Mazzios and making to-go salad, I realized I wouldn’t have much to blog about.

Yes, I’m taking this blog seriously. I would say more seriously than my fifth grade boyfriend and a bit less seriously than buying my first house.

I had baby Romaine lettuce in the fridge, leftover grilled chicken (no, I did not make the chicken… baby steps people) and a carton of eggs.

Please excuse what I’m about to say, as I realize just how ridiculous this is about to sound. But, remember I’m being completely honest on this blog. It’s possible my self-professed undomesticness won’t catch me a husband anytime soon – but at 23 that’s not the goal. I just want to be able to make dinner and have credibility at work. Here it is – I’ve never boiled an egg.

After a few text messages and a short stint on Google, I found that you should boil an egg for about 15 minutes? Apparently this isn’t rocket science.

My salad was delicious. If only it could hang on my mom’s fridge. She’d probably be proud.

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment