Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stressed, anyone?


I'm not cooking today.

However, I will be eating some delicious pork of some sort from Freddie's Steakhouse. Oh, the perks of having a "big kid" job.

Today is Trav's Backyard Barbecue #4. We're heading to Owasso - and I wish it didn't make me a "fatkid" to be looking forward to that amazing food!

Today is not the day to be stressed - but I am. It's one of my favorite days of the week - due in large part to the Emperss of Communications because in the office today. We're gearing up for a conference call, our website deadline, complete communications makeover, preventative crisis communications, and there’s so much more that I’m afraid you’d have a panic attack if I continued.

Oh, and top of that – I’m blogging. Ha.

It’s said my generation is great at two things: entitlement and multitasking. On the first, I am not above the grunt work so I’m pretty sure I don’t fall into that category. On the second, absolutely – ringing affirmative – true statement. Guess I signed up for the right career!

Regarding the Backyard Barbecue - I'm considering discussing Nutrition today. Although I don’t have a lot of credibility in the kitchen (yet), I do know the nutritional content. Think I'm joking?

The tenderloin is the leanest cut of pork - a 3-ounce serving contains 120 calories and 2.98 grams of total fat – as lean as a skinless chicken breast. Other lean cuts (based on a 3-ounce cooked serving) include:- boneless loin roast with 147 calories and 5.3 grams of fat - boneless loin chops with 153 calories and 6.2 grams of fat - boneless ham (extra lean) with 123 calories and 4.7 grams of fat - A 2-ounce serving of Canadian-style bacon contains 86 calories and 3.9 grams of fat

Also - that's not from google. It's from the Nutrition Page on our NEW website (to be launched July 2)! Fine, I C&P'd it.

K. Back to work. Have a wonderful Thursday, and tune into the 6p news in Tulsa!

Travis with Brandi & Keith Sanders at Travs backyard barbecue, June 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment